1. It is because we are choosing the future of Singapore so we need to know the events to know who are the leaders of the Singapore now and know what are the benefits that the government will provide us with.2. I will read the newspapers that are distributed out by the school which they will give vivid description about national events like the general elections.
1.It is because the general elections concerns about the future of Singapore.We are choosing who to be the leaders who are going to be in the government to take care of Singapore.Choosing the wrong leader may lead to Singapore being chaotic.2.I will read the newspaper,watch news and also discuss this topics with my classmates or friends.
1. We need to be concerned about Singapore's national events as these events can affect Singapore for the better or the worse in the coming future. For example, if one of the national events is linked to Singapore's economy and Singaporeans are not aware of this event and make the wrong decision, Singapore's economy could take a turn for the worse. This would affect our military defense as there would not be enough money to purchase ammunition or to get resources to make them. It will also affect Singaporeans' jobs, some of them might get retrenched. Thus for the General Election it is important that Singaporeans realise that the party that they are voting for fulfill the aspirations of Singapore and can keep on reaping benefits for the future of Singapore.2. I can keep myself informed with these events by reading the newspapers, watching the news, talking to parents I can also discuss these topics with older people as they have better insight in the political events and have the view of a citizen of Singapore that can tell you their views, this will also cause your thinking of national events to be more mature and more realistic to the country.
1.Why do we need to be aware of and be concerned about national events such as the General Elections?As we are all Singaporeans living in Singapore. General Elections concerns us as it decides the future of Singapore. Singaporeans above the age 21 have to make a wise choice of deciding who should be the leaders of countries. And the leaders of the countries determines the future like the economy and the employment rate of Singapore.2.How can you keep yourself informed about such national events?We can keep ourself informed about such national events through many platforms like the newspaper, radio, news and the media platform. In this election, many news have been put up at facebook pages. By discussing with others is also a good form as you would be able to know the views of others about different ministers.
1.Why do we need to be aware of and be concerned about national events such as the General Elections?These important national events concerns the future of young citizens like us . Such national events such as this 2011 General Elections will determine our five years down the road. Even though we do not need to vote for now as we are under the age required , we have to be aware about the current happenings and changes going on in our government . This is to prepare us for the future so we understand what we have to do when we are voting and we do not vote wrongly while filling in the voting slip. We have to learn how to think though and make wise choices for ourselves .2.How can you keep yourself informed about such national events?I can keep myself informed about such national events by reading the newspapers frequently to keep myself update and understand the details . I can also view the various media platform like listening to the news on the television which includes visual footage to help me better understand the activities of the national events happening around the island. Through discussion with my parents , I can also know what has this events are like in the past years and enquired their opinions about this events so that I can hear from different points of views and analysis the events like the General Elections .
Reflections on General Elections 20111. We need to be aware of and be concerned about national events as they will make an impact on our future and may even decide our future. We all live in Singapore and it is our duty to be aware of and be concerned about national events. This is also to prepare us in our future when we face such events. When we are 21, we will be able to vote in the General Elections and being concerned in it now can help us by knowing how it works.2. To be able to keep myself informed about such national events, there are the newspapers, magazines, news, radios, and various online resources. I can also listen to what others say about it, that way we can gain more information about the national events.
1. We need to be aware and concerned about national events such as the General Election because this will affect Singapore's future, therefore affecting all of us. Events such as these can decide whether our nation will stand all fall. Each Singaporean must know the true motive of each party, and hence choose who they rightfully believe in, for if they choose without deep thought, they may be tossing our future down the drain.2.How can you keep yourself informed about such national events?2.I can keep myself informed about such events by newspapers, magazines, catching some parts of the news, and even, in this case, Facebook, where many different pages were set up on the event. It is also possible to do it by chatting with various people around me.
This comment has been removed by the author.
1.We are Singaporeans or we at least live in this country. We should always keep up with the news in SIngapore as Singapore provides us with a home and we should kno when Singapore is in times of need and return back its favour of giving us a home.2. We can watch the News daily or read the Newspapers given out from the school. We can also always inquire from our Parents and Teachers and use social media to keep up to date with Singapore's National Events.
1. We need to be aware and informed of national events such as the General Elections because we need to know what is actually happening in our country. And, we need to know about the General Elections as not long later, after around 8-10 years time, we will need to vote and decide Singapore's future. By being aware now, we will know how does the Government treat us and then much later we will be able to give the correct decision.2. I can keep myself informed by reading the newspapers, watching the news on television or going on the websites of various events. I can also go on the social networks like Facebook or Twitter as important events are also posted there. I can also chat with various friends to discuss about the events and matters.
1. We have to be concerned about the general elections because we have to voting is compulsory. If we are not aware about the General Election we would not know when and where we must vote and we would be punished by the law if we do not vote, I think.2. We can read the newspaper or read facebook posts by our friends.
1. So that we can keep in touch with news and involve in various discussions so that we will not be left out and not know of things happening in our country .2.We can make use of the internet as people will report about the latest news about things happening in our country .
1. We need to be aware as Singapore is our home country and its future is at stake. Singapore is in the hands of us, the citizens. Thus we should always be in touch and help to shape Singapore into a better country.2. We can read the newspaper, watch the news or gather the information from the internet from various news or social networking sites.
We need to know what is going on and be concerned on national events because we may be living in Singapore for the rest of our lives. A few years down the road and we will be voting for the government. As they say, "Every vote counts", our vote will make a difference in what Singapore is going to be in the future. We will be deciding how the government treat us, help us and pay us. We have to know about the best political parties and why many residents vote for them. We have to know what mistakes people make in their votes so we would not repeat it. We have to know how we can pick out good candidates. So, why not we start early and keep up with current events and be ready for the time we vote.We can read the newspapers, which is very informative about the political parties and their candidates. In this year's election, political parties use 'new media' a lot. They use Facebook, Twitter, websites and many new media-related ways to advertise.
1.Why do we need to be aware of and be concerned about national events such as the General Elections?We need to be aware and concerned about national events as we are Singaporeans (most of us), so we will most likely grow up in Singapore. As we grow up, we will be affected more and more by the national events like the General Elections. In about 10 years time, we will be voting for our very 1st time. Our vote will be very important, and we have to think very wisely about how we make that vote. We have to see what the potential candidates have to offer and whether they seem able to keep their promises. We also have to decide wisely on the government as we will be living with it for 5 years until the next elections, and if the government is not good2.How can you keep yourself informed about such national events?I can keep myself informed about such national events by reading the newspaper, watching the news, going online to search for the latest news on such national events, and use social sites like Facebook and Twitter to see what news there is.
1.Why do we need to be aware of and be concerned about national events such as the General Elections?We need to be aware and concerned about national events as it will effect our everyday life such as our pocket money, the conditions of the lift, the cost of food, the cost of transport and many more.2.How can you keep yourself informed about such national events?I can watch the news on TV everyday or read newspapers to keep myself informed about such national events.
1.Why do we need to be aware of and be concerned about national events such as the General Elections?Ans: It affects us in coming years and our way of living with every change in the system of our country. We have to be both aware of our surrounding and condition by first understanding what changed it.2.How can you keep yourself informed about such national events?Ans: It is always best to find out firsthand by reading news articles or through the internet and television. We can also ask other people but their opinions of the matter may not be the same of ours.
1. Because we live in singapore and we are still young,national event like this will play a part on our future as well as singapore's future.Soon,we will reach the age to be able to vote ,we must vote wisely as our vote will affect singapore ad our future.2.I can keep myself informed by reading newspaper articles,watching news on tv and looking it up on the internet
1; It is because we need to take part in the elections, being a citizen of Singapore. We should be concerned about it as the elections decide on our future in Singapore.2. We can be aware of the happenings in Singapore by watching the news on television every night, reading the newspaper articles and looking it up on the internet.